Sustain the future of Food Science and Technology
When you make a gift, you become of a member of an enthusiastic community of donors whose investments are allowing the department to increase its impact throughout Oregon and beyond.
The department of Food Science and Technology is 100 years strong! Help us as we launch a new era of progress, research, and development. Your investment will be put to use to enhance Wiegand Hall, the home of Food Science and Technology, and create a vibrant and outstanding research and educational experience for students, faculty and staff.
Make an Investment today in Food Science and Technology
Invest in the Remodel of Wiegand Hall
The Department has identified and prioritized opportunities to transform Wiegand Hall into a spectacular learning and research environment, in and out of the classroom and laboratory. The first wave of prioritized projects:
- Student Areas: update and modernize undergraduate and graduate student areas including the student lounge and graduate student office spaces.
- Commercial Kitchen: convert the pilot plant lab (Rm 118) into a commercial kitchen. Local industry partners and business have need for services that FST can provide through a commercial kitchen. This also becomes a learning tool for many FST courses. Invest in Wiegand Hall Invest in FST Students
- Food Laboratory: convert Room 116 into a food laboratory in support of FST coursework. Current Wiegand laboratories are too small and do not allow for larger classroom experimentation and participation.
- Fruit and Vegetable Pilot Plant: convert room 8 into a fruit and vegetable pilot plant. The current pilot plant has reduced in size due to the successful brewing and fermentation program. The fruit and vegetable pilot plant supports Oregon growers with testing and research services.
- Update Faculty Research Laboratories: provide much needed renovations to lab spaces. Current facilities are not sustainable due to failing and faulty infrastructure.
- Wiegand Hall Entrance: provide a much needed face lift to the lobby of Wiegand Hall making the entrance to FST inviting and attractive.
- RAISE THE ROOF: add a 3rd floor to Wiegand Hall! This will allow for the additional faculty members in the department and expansion of current faculty labs.
Start the conversation with Dr. Lisbeth Goddik today!
Invest in FST Students
Support our amazing students through donations to scholarships. By making a gift for scholarships, you can help someone achieve the dream of a college education.
This support is very important and appreciated, particularly for first-generation college students, and those with financial needs.
OSU’s graduates are the university’s most important contribution to the future, and we have a deep commitment to help students succeed regardless of their financial circumstances.
You can invest in our future by donating to an established scholarship/endowment or establish your own scholarship endowment. With your own endowment, you can name the scholarship and you can set the criteria for selection of your scholarship recipients in collaboration with the FST Scholarship Committee. You will get to meet your scholarship recipients each year at the scholarship reception. This scholarship will also continue to support students in perpetuity.
For information about FST's endowed scholarships, please contact: Dr. Lisbeth Goddik, Department Head | 541.737.8322
Alumni Scholarship Endowment
Contributions are made by alumni and friends of the Department of Food Science and Technology. This endowment supports scholarships for undergraduate FST students.
Richard Scanlan Undergraduate Research Scholarship Endowment
Supports undergraduate FST students who have an interest in research. Recipients receive $1000 per academic year. Student must identify a FST professor to supervise their project.
Food Science & Technology Department Unrestricted Fund
One of the easiest ways to help the Food Science Department succeed is by allowing us the flexibility to allocate funds where needed!
Invest in the Food Science & Technolgoy Department Unrestricted Fund
(Please use this exact name in Foundation search bar)
In addition to gifts of cash, donors can design a personal giving plan that combines the right asset with the right gift
vehicle to meet their giving needs. Planned gifts include bequests, trusts, gift annuities, and other gift vehicles and
can be funded with many different types of assets, including securities, real estate, CDs, and retirement assets. Contact
our Gift Planning Office to learn more.